Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Top Posters

IAS Preparation
  • as i m a housewife, how to start my preparation, i m so confuse, i have 20 months old daughter also.
  • Mrunal.org has tips on mind-set, book lists and sources for preparation. Any specific query will be answered here :)

Great on preparing while having a young daughter. Totally inspiring. All the best!
  • hi i'm also a housewife, had dreams of becoming an ias officer :) but couldn't do at that time... now i want to start preparation. but don't no what and how to start. please some one who can help on this.....replay me
  • @Vinurathish.... for most of us the starting was the below link

http://mrunal.org/2012/11/strategy-upsc-civil-service-exam-ias-ips-csat-general-studies-part1.html

and rest as you proceed the queries can be solved here.... Welcome to the journey..... All the best!!! :)
  • @Nik ... Thanks a lot... sure will do so... even i'm into the race of ias now... hope will succeed. THANKS AGAIN.
  • I think u shud decide ur optional first...I`m a newbie too n I left my job back a month ago to prepare for it...n this website has proved very inspiring in this one month period.
  • thanks all of u
  • Friends, I will be going for my first attempt in 2015. I graduated this year only from Commerce & will be taking Public Admn in Civil Service Examination. My question is, should I take coaching now or should I go for it later? I have no prior knowledge of Public Admn but I have been reading The Hindu regularly for past 2 years & am totally updated with the current affairs. Help please.
  • anybody interested in grp study in gurgaon sec 14 please contact me.. ankit jain .. 9999045052
  • Hello friends,
    This is a great thread to keep oneself motivated throughout the rigorous preparation.

Little Info about me

Graduated in May 2013, joined Vajiram for GS in June
    Optional- Mathematics

Have been keeping up with the classes and regular reading of newspapers since June. But I feel time has come to shift the gears and become little more sincere and consistent. So, would be very happy to discuss and share opinions on various issues/subjects.
    It would be nice if everyone can update whatever part of syllabus one has been reading or finished.

Starting with me, apart from classes I have somewhat finished reading
    1. Indian History and World History primarily from coaching notes-materials and basic books like Bipin Chandra.
    2. And a preliminary reading of Laxmikanth and Sriram material.

Firstly, I am just not able to read Yojana and Kurukshetra find them quite boring. Have just marked the articles, which might be useful at a later stage. Secondly, another thing which is bothering me is self made notes from newspapers. I have just not been able to maintain any notes as they then consume lot of time, I just cut and keep few important articles. Thirdly, as far as economy is concerned I find Ramesh Singh too vast to read, am more dependent on classes and regular revision of class notes.

I think I have written a lot. Would be very happy to see some suggestions or ways to improve.
    And yeah, a very happy and a prosperous diwali to everyone.

Enjoy
    RISHABH